In this day and age of the rising cost of living, the good news is that there are people watching out for you if you’d like out go out and have an affordable meal! Such as Michelle of NYChiC and CHEAP. She is very knowledgable of great cheap places where you can get delicious food, and documents them in her food blog, check it out!
The deal at Cucina Di Pesce is pretty damn good price for Happy Hour. It’s a BOGO deal on drinks and appetizers (with out the over inflated prices), from 4-8. Mind you the food here isn’t stunning, but well worth the price.
We came in on a Tuesday night, at around 6:30 or so. The bar had plenty of room and the bartender immediately greeted me and offered me a drink. I was waiting for G, so I helped myself to a glass of montepulciano (@$7). I scanned the menu for some apps, which ranged from $6-10. The fare was pretty typical: soup, ceasar salad, calamari, caprese, etc. They also offer FREE mussels at the bar as well.
Once G arrived, we decided on several dishes…
- Grilled Eggplant with goat cheese, roasted red peppers and pesto sauce, $8
- Baked Clams 1/2 dozen $8
- Grilled Calamari with avocado, tomato, cilantro and scallions in a lemon and olive oil dressing $9
- Grilled Portobello with marinated garlic, rosemary, olive oil, and melted fontina cheese $9
The food was above decent… and it tasted better with each glass of wine… lol.
The bartender was also gracious enough to give us a little tipple of a drink.
I also here there’s an Early Bird Special 4-6:30 $13.95 as well…
soup or salad
- Linguini with calamari and mussels with fra diavalo sauce
- Penne with tomato and mushroom, white wine, garlic, and olive oil
- Linguini Primavara with marinara sauce
- Eggplant Parmigana w/ a side of pasta (choice of marinara or garlic and olive oil)
- Chicken Parmigano w/ a side of pasta (choice of marinara or garlic and olive oil)
- Chicken Balsamico w/ a side of pasta (choice of marinara or garlic and olive oil)
- Fish of the day w/ a side of pasta (choice of marinara or garlic and olive oil)
Choice of coffee, tea, or soda
Overall, this is a neighborhood spot that has loyal customers who don’t seem to be going anywhere… or dying. But either way, it’s a good deal on a budget overall.
P.S. Cash or Amex only!!